One of the best things about summer in New Jersey is the surplus of fresh tomatoes. We put that surplus to use with this recipe for fresh, homemade salsa. It's ready in less than 10 minutes, can be made ahead of time, and is easy to customize! You'll never buy jarred salsa again!
- 2 medium-large tomatoes
- ½ red onion (substitute white onion)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 jalapeno
- Fresh juice from 1 lime
- Add tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, and garlic to your Crank Chop.
- Crank to chop/puree until desired consistency is reached (fewer cranks for thicker, chunkier salsa).
- Add lime juice, and season with salt to taste.
- Serve alongside your favorite tortilla chips.
- Optional: This salsa recipe can be easily customized to suit any tastes. For a slightly milder salsa, substitute the jalapeno for a can of (mild) diced chilies. Add ½ teaspoon cumin for a fresher, earthier flavor.