Jalapeno Poppers are one of the most popular bar foods. Now you can have the spicy-creamy-crunchy deliciousness in the comfort of your own home!
- 12 jalapeno peppers with stems
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese, slightly softened
- 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, plain
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-2 cups oil for frying
- Heat oil to 375.
- Slice peppers along one side, leaving stems intact, and clean out seeds and insides.
- Mix together cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Spoon mixture into each jalapeno. Press seams to close.
- Place flour, beaten eggs, and breadcrumbs in separate bowls.
- Dip filled jalapenos in flour, then egg (letting excess drip off), then breadcrumbs. Place in fry basket and fry in batches until golden brown, 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from oil and place on paper towels to drain excess oil.