If you want a rib recipe that’s not only delicious, but crazy-simple to make, my Cola Ribs are the ones to try.
- Doesn’t matter if they’re a larger country-style rack or a smaller baby back cut, just place a rack or two on a large baking sheet. Proceed to pour a half a can or more of the soda over the top of each rack. The acidity and the sugar in the soda help to break down the meat and tenderize it and give it a nice slight sweetness.
- Next, sprinkle just a light coating of garlic powder over the ribs. Then sprinkle a very light coating of brown sugar on top and a little black pepper.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil – don’t drain the soda, let it sit right in there - and place the pan in an oven set at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for three hours. What this does is, the cola actually steams the meat at that low temperature, making it incredibly juicy and flavorful.
- Take the ribs out of the oven and place the racks on your grill at a medium heat for 20 minutes to half an hour in order to cook them through making them crispy on the outside. You can coat the ribs with your favorite type of sauce for the last ten minutes (don’t put the sauce on too early because it will burn over the open flame).
- The final step: DEVOUR those incredibly sweet and tender bad boys, and that’s an order!